Local Highlights are pieces of content that will be used on your website and in your email & social media marketing.
Each Local Highlight will be produced as a blog post on your website, in a dedicated Local Highlight category. The post will contain a map of the relevant area, relevant images and some copy regarding the highlight.
A local highlight can be anything worth highlighting in your region, such as:
- Businesses & Organisations
- Walks & Trails
- Streets (e.g. esplanades)
- Events (markets, music, food, sports, etc.)
In order for Lead Fleet to create your Local Highlights, we require some initial information from you.
The benefits of Local Highlights
We will add these highlights to your website for a number of reasons:
- The Local Highlights provide great content for SEO purposes. Firstly, any new content added to your website is good for SEO, which is why we often mention the importance of regular blog posts. In addition to that, the local terms used in these highlights will benefit your website greatly when it comes to SEO.
- The highlights provide you with plenty of content for both email marketing purposes (in both broadcast and automated communications) and organic social media posts! Because the posts are on your website, it’s a great way to link back to your website and increase traffic. This data can then be used for retargeting purposes as well.
We will take care of creating your highlights and adding them to your website – we’ll just need some basic starting points from you as you are the expert in your area, and you’ll know exactly which parts are worth highlighting.
Please submit the following information to Lead Fleet:
- Local Highlight Name
- Brief description of the highlight: what is it, why is it a highlight etc.
- Any photos (if possible)
We recommend submitting at least 3 highlights to begin with.
Once you have submitted your highlights, we will go ahead and add these to your website. We will send you a preview of these new posts.
What will it look like?
We’ve created the below examples to show you what the Local Highlights posts will look like. Please note that details such as fonts and colours will be changed to reflect your brand.
The below examples are examples of the post only. We will add some extra elements to the page itself, depending on your website. This could for example be listings in the area, testimonials and a Call To Action to the Sell page.
Frequently Asked Questions
That’s great! The more content, the better. We will normally start with publishing around 3-4 highlights, and then regularly add new pieces over time. The regular content updates will be beneficial for SEO purposes and allow you to share actual new website content on your social media/in your emails.
If you have additional ideas for Local Highlights, you can send them through to us at any time.
We will add your Local Highlights to a blog post category page, so you will have a page with an overview of all Local Highlights. Depending on your website structure, we may add a sub-menu with Local Highlights to your menu to give these posts exposure. This will always be discussed upfront.