In order for us to manage, publish and analyse insights from your Instagram account, we require your Instagram to be linked to your Facebook Business Manager.
The easiest and recommended way to do this is to provide us with your Instagram login details (username and password). From there, we can login to your account and make the necessary changes and connections ourselves, as we should already have access to your Facebook Business Manager.
If you do not wish to provide us with your login details and want to make the connection yourself, providing us with access through Facebook Business Manager only, you can follow the below steps.
There are a few steps to follow here, depending on how you have initially set up your Instagram account. We will go through it from the start, you may however be able to skip some of these steps if you have previously completed them.
Creating a professional Instagram account
First, you need to make sure your Instagram account is set up as a ‘professional account’.
- Head to your Instagram profile and tap on ‘Settings’. For a desktop, this will be the icon next to Edit Profile as per the screenshot below. On a mobile device, you will need to click on the hamburger icon first in order to go to settings.
- From here, you will either directly see the option Switch to professional account, or you may need to click on Account first.
- Click on Switch to professional account, tap Continue and select a category for your business (most likely Real Estate/Real Estate Agent). Opt in to show your category on your profile.
- Now, click on Business, Next, and add your contact details to your page. This will be displayed on your profile and is an easy way for people who visit your profile to contact you.
- From here, Instagram will allow you to connect your Instagram to your Facebook Page.
Now you have set up your professional Instagram account, it is time to link your Instagram to your Facebook Business Manager.
Adding your Instagram account to your Business Manager
- Head to your Facebook Business Manager settings and select your Real Estate business.
- Under Accounts, click on Instagram accounts. Click on Add.
- You will now see a pop-up screen that will allow you to connect your Instagram account. Click on the blue button with Connect Your Instagram Account.
- Enter your Instagram username and password, and click Next.
- Select your ad account and your real estate Page and assign these to the account. Click on Next.
Now you’ve connected your Instagram to your Business Manager, the next step is to ensure you have provided Lead Fleet with access.
Providing Lead Fleet with access
If you did not have your Instagram account linked when you originally provided us with access to your Business Manager, you will now need to manually provide us with access to this asset.
- In the Instagram accounts settings (same screen as previously), select your Instagram account and click on Assign Partners.
- Copy and paste Lead Fleet’s Business ID: 533721274204641, and add it to the ID field. Turn on the access for Content and Insights (this will automatically turn on the remaining parts). Click Next.
- You will now see a confirmation screen that Lead Fleet has been added as a partner to your Instagram account. Click Done.
We should now be able to access and manage your Instagram account to Facebook Business Manager. If any further access is required, we will advise you of this.